Monday, September 25, 2006

Bengals Win!

All is right in Cincinnati for at least a week. New England's next, and they're coming off of a loss to Denver. I'm excited to see how it unfolds.

Will we ever get Thurman back? And what are they doing driving around at 5 am? Surely they weren't on their way to practice. I don't know--I haven't read about it yet, and he was apparently arrested only 2 1/2 hours ago. So, there's that.

Anyhow, we beat the Steelers in an ugly one. The Bengals played like crap, and so did the Steelers. Difference: the Steelers played like crap a little more often than the Bengals did, and as a result, Cincinnati came up with a couple huge plays on the offensive side.

The defense, though, won the game for 'em. Five more takeaways (which, I think, makes the Bengals +5 or 6 now for the season) put us on the plus side of the turnover board and that historically has led to Bengals wins.

I can breathe now. It's nice.

No comments: