Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Homemade Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Here’s what we ate for dinner tonight. You should make this—it’s fucking good.

1 pizza crust
2 roma tomatoes
1 small red onion
1 chicken breast
1 cup Montgomery Inn Barbecue Sauce (yes, the brand is important)
sliced jalapeno peppers to taste
cilantro, fresh
crushed red pepper
1 cup low-fat mozzarella or provolone cheese (NOT fat free, as this type of cheese doesn’t like to melt)


Cook the chicken in a skillet, cutting it as it cooks in the skillet. Add enough crushed red pepper so that it can be faintly smelled on the chicken. Continue cutting the chicken until there are no large chunks.

Once the chicken is done cooking, stir it (the chicken, that is) into the cup of barbecue sauce and then spread the mixure onto your pizza crust, leaving approximately 1” around the crust.

Spread the tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos onto the crust, and then spread the cheese.

Cook for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.

Sprinkle cilantro over the pizza, slice, and enjoy.

****
We’ve had this twice in the last couple weeks, and it’s my new favorite goddamn food. I like it so much that I have to swear when I’m describing it.

Jill and I have been cooking 2 or 3 times a week as of late, and we’ve both been discovering quite a bit about ourselves and our tastes lately. What comes immediately to mind is the issue of fish.

For the last ten years or so, I’ve contended that I greatly dislike fish. This was generally true until we made tuna steaks (see 12/19 post), which I ended up loving. This scared me, but it also opened me up to a new world of food that I’d previously closed myself off to.

Since the tuna steaks, I’ve been able to determine that tilapia sucks, as does most ‘lighter’ fish. Too flaky for me, not substantial enough. These types of fish are, in my opinion, nothing more than a vehicle for tartar sauce (mmm), which is likely the most artery-clogging substance on the planet, and I don’t want to die of a heart attack before I turn 75 (which means I should quit smoking sometime soon).

I’ve also determined that I like swordfish as well, but that reheating it makes it taste like dirty buttholes.

We’re having shark this week, and I hope it’s good. I’m still a little scared of it, but if it’s anything like these other ones, I’ve got nothing to worry about. Tell me I have nothing to worry about.

2 comments:

kcbs said...

Interesting blog. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

BBQ Lover
kcbs
http://www.SmokinOnTheSquareCartersville.com

Anonymous said...

very good .. but I think you should watch your language